Asset owners and facility managers face the constant challenge of tracking changes in legislation, maintaining compliance, and providing key stakeholders with the knowledge that their asset is being managed diligently.
The effective management of risk and compliance issues impacts building owners, facility managers, tenants, employees, contractors and visitors operating within a complex and multi-tiered environment. The NSCA’s Property Risk and Compliance (PRC) training program provides property owners, managers and interested stakeholders with the tools and knowledge to diligently mitigate their risk and achieve compliance with a focus on the practical application of WHS requirements.
Who Should Attend
- Asset and Property Owners
- Property/Superannuation Trust Managers
- Property and Facility Managers
- Facility Maintenance Contractors
- Building Supervisors
- Others involved in the management of properties.
This program will provide attendees with the key knowledge and guidance to address their WHS obligations and describe the key risk and compliance elements, and practical application of due diligence obligations.
Key topics include:
- Risk management principles
- WHS legislation
- Principles of an effective facility WHS management system
- Contractor management
- General workplace environment
- Public liability
- Slips, trips, falls and pedestrian management
- Confined spaces
- Falls from height and falling objects
- Hazardous Chemicals/Dangerous Goods
- Asbestos and hazardous materials
- Fire and emergency management
- Essential safety measure requirements
- Plant and equipment
- Electrical safety management
- Radio frequency radiation
- Underground storage tank management
- Traffic management
- Cooling tower management
- Sustainability and environment.
The PRC management training program will provide attendees with an increased awareness of property and asset related WHS risk and compliance issues. It will establish a unique platform and opportunity for networking with other industry representatives and include the application of due diligence tools and processes, including practical and effective risk control strategies.
The learning outcomes and program structure are designed to:
- Be interactive
- Provide practical guidance in risk management
- Provide practical guidance on WHS regulatory compliance
- Include workshops, activities and scenarios
- Include legal case studies.