Alliance wins top safety prize
Barwon Water Alliance has won top honours at the 2013 NSCA/GIO National Safety Awards of Excellence.
The winners of the 21st annual safety awards were announced at a ceremony held in Sydney last week.
Barwon Water Alliance beat seven other contenders to win the pinnacle award, GIO Workers Compensation Award for Excellence in WHS.
Finalists for the pinnacle award comprised the eight category winners:
• Tenix Group, ManpowerGroup Best Continuous Improvement of a WHS Management System
• Equipment Safety Systems Pty Ltd, The Mac Best Solution of a WHS Risk – small business
• Namoi Cotton Co-operative Ltd, The Mac Best Solution of a WHS Risk – medium to large business
• RSPCA Queensland, SGS Best WHS Training Program
• Metro, Safe Work Australia Best Communication of a Safety Message
• Daniel Smith, Royal Automobile Club of Western Australia (Inc.), Ian Chisholm Award for the Best Individual WHS Achievement
• Hydro Tasmania, Ansell Best Health and Wellbeing Program
• Barwon Water Alliance, Brookfield Multiplex Constructions Best Safety Leadership Program/Initiative
The NSCA Member of the Year was also announced. This award went to Interface Landscapes.
For more details, visit award winners.
Published on 24 October 2013 in NSCA Safe-T-Bulletin.