Workplace Mental Health – Foundations of Early Intervention
This practical half day workshop builds confidence and skills and covers the early intervention essentials that all staff need to know when it comes to workplace mental health issues. This includes knowing how to identify early warning signs, how to approach someone, how to have a conversation with someone, and how (and where) to refer someone to access help in the face of workplace mental health concerns.
Rather than focusing on types of diagnosis or awareness raising alone, this hands-on workshop delivered by CommuniCorp’s senior workplace psychologists, builds the critical foundational capabilities for people to make a genuine difference to the psychological health of others in the workplace. This workshop is the perfect stepping stone to other workplace mental health training, such as Developing Psychologically Safe and Healthy Workplaces, Managing Staff with Mental Health Concerns and Psychosocial Risk Assessment.
Learning Outcomes for Workplace Mental Health – Foundations of Early Intervention:
- The importance of workplace mental health and wellbeing including: differentiating workplace versus community approaches to mental health.
- Psychologically safe and healthy workplaces – including: WH&S, HR roles and obligations, legal considerations etc.
- Common workplace mental health issues and challenges, including psychosocial risk indicators.
- How to recognise early warning signs.
- Practical intervention and support options.
- Initiating conversations, skills practice and case studies.
- Confidentiality issues.
- Introduction to more complex mental health issues in the workplace (psychosis, drug and alcohol issues and personality disorders).
- Support services and referral resources.
- Accessing available support and emergency contact information.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for all levels of staff and all job roles. It provides the psychological safety capabilities essential for everyone in the workplace.
|Date||Monday 27 November 2017|
|Time||9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Location||Sparke Helmore Lawyers
19 Martin Place
|Cost||NSCA Foundation members – $250 (inc. GST)
Non-Members – $300 (inc. GST)
Morning tea is included in all registrations
|RSVP by||4pm Thursday 23 November 2017|
Meet your facilitator
Dave is the Managing Director and Principal Psychologist of CommuniCorp, one of Australia’s leading workplace psychology training and consulting companies.
With a diverse background across clinical, organisational, military and forensic psychology, he is a recognised expert and speaker in the area of workplace mental health and resilience.
With over a decade’s experience internationally in the workplace mental health and corporate performance arena, Dave has a wealth of experience to draw upon.
To register complete the form below
[gravityform id=”44″ title=”true” description=”true”]