Start your WHS career with a WHS Statement of Attainment
This course is designed to allow participants to meet the entry requirements and progress on to the Diploma of Work Health and Safety. Participants are either in a WHS role, or wanting to secure a WHS role, or wanting to meet the entry requirements in order to progress on to the Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Who Should Attend?
- Safety officers, safety supervisors and managers, safety advisors, supervisors, specifically those who want to obtain the Diploma of Work Health and Safety, but do not already hold the entry requirements.
The WHS Statement of Attainment provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand WHS legislative requirements and assist with monitoring workplace compliance
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participation processes.
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards and
- Implement and support the workplace WHS management system
- Assist with actions and activities performed in response to work health and safety (WHS) incidents which includes accidents.
Units of Competency
To be awarded the WHS Statement of Attainment, all 5 units listed must be successfully completed.
Assist with compliance with WHS laws – This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to assist with providing advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals and parties prescribed in WHS laws. It includes identification of WHS legislation, duties, rights and obligations and the necessary actions to ensure compliance in the workplace.
Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS consultation and participation process – This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to contribute to the implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes in the workplace as part of a systematic approach to managing WHS.
Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control activities – This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to contribute to identifying WHS hazards; assessing WHS risks; and developing; implementing and evaluating risk controls appropriate to own job role and work area.
Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS management system – This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS management system.
Assist with responding to incidents – This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to assist with actions and activities performed in response to incidents.
- Upon success completion of the course requirements, participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
From 1 January 2015 ALL students undertaking nationally recognised training will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for students to create their own USI’s online. To apply for your USI, please visit www.usi.gov.au
To commence studies in the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Statement of Attainment:
- Download the Qualifications Student Handbook
- View the course terms and conditions.
- Are you a member of the NSCA? Members receive up to 15% discount. If not, learn more and join today.
- Download and complete the Training Registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must have access to the following in order to complete their studies:
- Personal Computer, with Internet Explorer 9 or Google Chrome. If you have IE 10 or 11 you may experience issues with the student portal
- Microsoft Office with Word, Excel, PowerPoint programs.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Students are required to submit their assessment responses via the student portal using an appropriate software program, for example, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
If you need assistance call the Learning and Development Team on 1800 816 459 or email email@example.com.
“It certainly was an essential step for my job prospects and confidence. I could contact the NSCA at any time for help or clarification and be guaranteed a response straight away. I will recommend NSCA to others because of the positive experience and pricing” Marizelle Burger, George Western Foods.